Friday, November 1, 2013

SUPER SHOW 5 with SUPER JUNIOR~!!!


Last October 24, 2013, I had one of the BEST nights of my life. I was able to see Super Junior again after more than 2 years as their last concert here was on Feb. 26, 2011.

Super Junior is my first love and they were the ones that were responsible for making me love kpop. I watched all of their variety shows, listened to all of their songs, and I just couldn't stop loving them. I made sure that I was able to go see them during their Super Shows here in Manila even if my seat was really far from the stage. What mattered was that I was able to be there cheering and supporting them when they came here to the country that I was born and lived in.

I watched Super Show 5 together with my sister that learned to love them too as I introduced SJ to her. It was one those precious moments that we really enjoyed together. We used to re-watch the Super Show DVDs we had every now and then and we really never got tired of watching them over and over again. Super Shows are really SUPER.

The concert started at around 7:20PM and the moment when the lights went out, the crowd screamed and I screamed with them with excitement. It was the night that I have long been waiting for and it's finally happening! I couldn't stop spazzing and going crazy in the office every now and then as I couldn't help my excitement later that night. I'm so happy that my friends at work were very supportive and happy for me for this concert. Finally, I could let out all my happiness and excitement and shouted like never before with the crowd!

To begin the show, a VCR was shown introducing each of the boys included in tonight's Super Show with a sleek spy theme. Then, the boys started off with a bang with "Mr. Simple" as their opening song! ELFs were chanting with the song, swaying our lightsticks with the beat, enjoying Super Junior performing live right in front of us!!!

It was there that I finally saw how beautiful the Sapphire Blue Sea was made by PH ELFs! It made me realize how SJ can make all of us from different backgrounds to unite as one on this one big night. No matter where I faced, I could sea the color Sapphire Blue and it made me happy and proud deep inside.

Super Junior performed their other hit songs such as "Bonamana", "Super Girl", "It's You" and "Sexy, Free & Single". These caught much of the cheers from the crowd and it really felt special just being able to be there. These lively songs truly brought out the energy of each and every fan at that concert and no one was ever going to get tired that night.

Also, at the start of the concert, I had the greatest feeling ever. The feeling of being able to wave my Turtle lightstick for the first time made me feel so happy. To be able to proudly proclaim my love for Yesung with my lightstick even if he wasn't there. I was part of the big Sapphire Blue Sea that I'm sure made the boys happy and proud. 

The boys then proceeded to their opening greetings wherein some tried to speak in Tagalog. It was hard to understand what they were saying especially from the Upper Box Section due to the load screaming of the fans but we could make out some of what they said. They were really cute trying to speak in Tagalog and trying to remember the words in our native language. It just goes to show that they are really trying hard to please all the fans in all the countries they have been too and them speaking in Tagalog makes me very happy. This also symbolizes that we are getting more and more recognized as they are trying to speak our language.

SJ then divided themselves into 2 performances wherein there was a pure dance performance song and a Ballad performance song. Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Zhoumi and Sungmin sang "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You". I was shocked and in awe as it was an english song. I personally love ballads to my heart really melted during this performance and hearing the best vocals singing this ballad is truly unbelievable. I just really wished the Yesung was there singing with them too T-T... The Harlem Shake Dance Performance was next wherein Shindong, Donghae, and Eunhyuk once again proved to us that they are the best dance machines in the kpop world! Their energy level was way over the top and you'll be amazed on how flexible they can be and how Shindong can easily pull-off the hardest dance moves!

NOW, the most shocking, thrilling, and surprising performance is coming next! I was just sitting there waiting for the next perf then suddenly, a very muscular guy in complete blue dress plus wig appeared out of nowhere! IT WAS SIWON! I screamed like crazy laughing and hitting my sister as it was the funniest thing I've ever witnessed!!! It was the first time ever that Siwon dressed as a girl and performed a full girl dance!!! In the past, it was usually the others that did it while Siwon still kept on his manly role, but for this year, he went full out and it is the greatest decision ever! Plus he wore high heels and danced to Son Dambi’s “Saturday Night”!! Go muscular sexy lady!! XD Ryeowook came out next performing S.E.S’s “Loving you”! It was also cool but not as shocking because it is expected that Ryeowook would dress up as a girl again, but i really liked the color of his wig but I wished he wore sexier clothes. hehehehe! Then came Kangin.... OMGGGG, this I screamed at the top of my lungs all over again!!! He was imitating Gain in “Bloom”! Full costume with wig, red hanging top, black cycling/fit shorts, stockings and heels!!! OMG, Kangin so BEAUTIFUL and SEXY! He was sooo embarrased but he really looked like a girl and he even laid down on the floor showing a sexy pose and this was when everyone really made some noise!!! Last, but not the least was Sungmin! He wore a two-piece leopard-pattered skirt and bra-like top!!! hahaha! He really showed the best Hyuna’s “Ice Cream” performance ever, giving it all at his every move and his facial expressions were just priceless! If you didn't know him and saw his face, you'll really think that he's a very pretty girl!!! Sungmin will forever be the prettiest! <3 Then all of them performed SISTAR’s “Alone” together showing off the sexy and seductive dance moves that I'll never ever forget!





After a while, the stage became dark and a piano started playing... My mind needed to process for a while before I realized that it was Henry beginning to perform "Trap"!!!! I super loved this song and it was my dream to be able to watch him perform this live! It finally came true and I couldn't believe that I am watching him sing and dance to Trap!!!! I love Henry so much as he is so cute and innocent. I love his new solo album together with all the songs in it! I cheered for Henry so hard that I wished he could hear me. Following this was SJ-M song numbers "Breakdown", "A-Oh" & "Go"! I truly enjoyed all of these performances as I am specially fond of SJ-M. I love their Chinese songs as I am able to understand them and it's easier for me to memorize them. I love each of their song so I totally freaked and am so happy that they performed so many songs! I also loved it because it was time for Henry and Zhoumi to come out and shine! I wanted to see more of them as I consider them as permanent Super Junior members already and not just part of a sub-group! <3
SJ-M! 我爱你们!!!

SS5 Manila was also the first concert with the comeback of Heechul. He performed "Close Your Mouth" with passion. This performance proved that Heechul can really sing and that he has a great voice! Don't even believe the rumours that he's just the face of SJ. Heechul is a true performer and has great skills that are yet to be proven and uncovered!



The next songs "Shake It Up" & "Rockstar" were the ones that really woke us up and heightened our energy! It was like partying with Super Junior and everyone became one and chanted along the songs non-stop! Rockstar was repeated about 4 times and every fan went crazy with Super Junior during this song! It was the funnest performance at the entire concert!

It was time for another ballad, "Gray Paper" or "먹지", sang by Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. I expected this song for so long now and it finally came... I really felt sad because this was Yesung's song and it was a performance dedicated to him. A video was played showing Yesung's smiling face and him singing Gray Paper as his solo. It hit me hard because it reminded me that he wasn't going to be back for a while and I'll truly miss his artistic voice and his fun presence. I enjoyed listening to the song but still felt emotional that I wasn't able to see Yesung live ever since he became my bias. I have no clear memory of him in the last concerts as I was still unsure of who my bias was at those times. I am definitely looking forward to the next Super Show where he would be part off again. I'll make sure to take the best seats and be able to see him up close. To see my first inspiration and love up close. <3 *waves my gureumsori turtle lightstick"

I miss Yesung </3
A tri-song medley was next. Bittersweet + Someday + Memories was sang by Super Junior. Every fan in the arena waved their lightsticks to the slow beat of the song enjoying every perfect voice of the boys and how their songs can touch the hearts of millions. I love ballads and felt that this performance really made me relaxed and calm. Ballads are here to showcase every member's sweet voice singing to slow notes and rhythms. I loved all 3 songs and felt that I'm in love with them all over again!

 A cheerful song "Sunny" was sang by the boys with us doing the action that they made for the song. Every chorus, we would raise our hands and dance to Sunny together with the boys. This interaction really made me feel a part of their performance and by doing the dance steps they taught, I believe that the boys will feel loved and proud. They would feel that ELFs are able to cooperate and unite as 1 and be able to perform simple actions that they want us to do. It shows our attentiveness and cooperativeness to each other and together with the boys. I decided to stop taking pictures and to dance the moves together with the boys as this would not only be super fun but it was only a once in a lifetime opportunity that you'll be able to dance with the boys together!


The next performance is the FUNNIEST AND MOST INTERESTING one I've seen in my life. I literally couldn't stop laughing to the point that I laid down backwards towards my chair due to how strong and loud I was laughing at the VCR and at the performance itself! The thought bubbles on the video was written in Tagalog so that we could easily understand them! The SJ boys dressed up as different super heroes this year! Shindong - Hulk, Eunhyuk - Wolverine, Donghae - Iron Man, Henry - Son Goku, Zhoumi - Woody, Sungmin - Hwang Bi Hong, Ryeowook - Spiderman, Heechul - Fugitive Bear, Kangin - Thor, Kyuhyun - Loki, Siwon - Captain America, & Yesung was even there as Nick Fury!!!!!! Each of them made me laugh out loud to the point that I had tears in my eyes and I had trouble breathing already!!! The VCR showed each of their "unique" and funny roles and how funny it was that they used "cute gestures" to defeat the bear fugitive! The boys came out singing "Wonder Boy" in their full costumes similar to the video! Each one of them is so cute! I felt that Kyuhyun best fit his role as Loki as they are both "evil"! hahaha~~


At last, the song that we have all been waiting for was here... "MARRY YOU" Last Oct. 24 was the day that all ELFs will be proposed to by the boys and that we will all be married to all of them! Many ELFs even wore flower crowns symbolizing their wedding day. We all sang along together with the boys as this was the most awaited song of the night. There were ELFs that gave roses to the boys symbolizing that we agree to be married to them. It was so funny that Eunhyuk asked us if we had asked permission from our parents that we will be married that night to them and all of us said yes! They joked around asking Eunhyuk back if he had asked permission from his parents too! The best part was that there was a project planned wherein a banner saying "그래 아기를 만들자 <3" or "Let's make babies together <3" was shown to the boys at the end of the song! It was Eunhyuk that noticed it first then asked Shindong to come near him to see what was the message! They were so surprised and they couldn't help from laughing as this request was made. The boys told us in return that we were the ones that looked like babies.  I am so proud to know that this project from the Philippines sticked to the boys for so long that they are still talking about it when they got to Japan for SMTown. It is proof that we really made a big impact for the boys and that they will never forget us.
(credit to haneul1023) just a screenshot from a fancam

They left the stage saying it was their last song, but after shouting "Encore" for a while, the whole arena suddenly became dark again and they performed 4 more songs for us! It was the famous "Sorry, Sorry", "Show Me Your Love", "Sapphire Blue", and the lovely "So I"! I couldn't believe that the concert was coming to an end as it felt like time had passed by so fast! After 3+ hours of the best experience with Super Junior, they finally began saying their goodbyes one by one. It was so sad knowing that it'll be a long time again when I get to see them again but I promise that I'll wait for their return. Super Junior truly showed us a "SUPER" show that I'll never ever forget. The high-tech stage was awesome, the middle part goes up and down every now and then, there was  a walkalator on each side of the stage, fireworks were present in performances, flipping panels where the boys came in and out from, and the backgrounds were just truly great! All these explains why the tickets must be so expensive and it goes to show that every minute of the concert is money well spent.

I also would like to commend the VCR's in SS5 Manila. There were ones that was spy-themed wherein the members were in disguise infiltrating the enemy's grounds. They had to catch the enemy while still looking and being "cool". There were also super funny ones that made all of us laugh. SJ is really good at doing comedy and fans love them more when they act this way. No matter how silly they look like, they are still the most handsome of them all! XD The VCR wherein everyone was shooting at each other with their finger guns was hilarious! But, my favorite would forever be the Super Heroes VCR where each SJ member dressed as a hero was introduced with funny descriptions and doing funny things! They were able to defeat the "Fugitive" bear not by attacking it with violence, but with acting CUTE! Hahaha, I had the most laugh that night because of it! <3

I would like to say the Super Junior gives awesome fanservice! Even though I feel jealous with those that was able to interact with them, I still have no regrets being on the Upper Box. I saw Ryeowook taking polaroid selcas with fans. Donghae and Kangin giving autographs to lucky fans. All of them shaking hands or giving high-fives to the ELFs on the Lower Box and Standing areas. I just tell myself that someday, when Yesung is back, I'll be in one of those awesome areas to meet him!

Rough translation of their ending goodbyes:


SD: I LOVE YOU! SEE YOU SOON! THANK YOU! YEAH YEAH YEAH!

SM: Not only for you, but for us, it’s truly unforgettable. I love you, see you soon, yeah, yeahhhh, yeah yeah! Good!

RW: Say yeah (yeah), say  (yeah), say yeah yeah (yeah yeah), say yeah yeah yeah (yeah yeah yeah)! Scream! I really wanted to try that, thank you so much to the Philippines, don’t forget that we’ve come here.

DH: Yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeahhhh, yeahhhhhh, it’s been a year and I’m so happy, I felt that all of you are really beautiful. Thank you! It feels good! Thank you very much, don’t cheat! I’ve something to say, CHU (produces a kiss sound)!

HC: It’s really great that I had my comeback at SS5 Manila, it’s really so real, and as soon as possible, we’re going to perform better and we’ll be back! Saranghaeyo, Kim Heechul, Woo yu bit kkal, Kim HeeChul! *teary-eyed*

SW: First of all, a few words I thought when I was on stage, passion, gorgeous, beautiful, sexy, and love, and I wanna say, I love you. You know what, I want to make a baby with you too!

DH: What??

EH: What are you saying???!!!

SW: We need a step-by-step.

HR: What’s the first step?

SW: The first step is Super Show Six (Sex). Thank you for coming tonight, I love you always!

KI: It’s really fun, it’s our Heechul’s comeback, I know that you’re happy so we’re happy too. I know that it’s Heechul’s comeback, thank you for coming back. Thank you for welcoming us, thank you!

KH: Do you everyday think about Super Junior? You know? Do you know Super Junior, you know? Yes yes yeah! Ok, we are always not here but you are always here for us, thank you, thank you so muchie! I love Philippine! I love Philippine! You know I love Philippine, yes yes yeah! Oh my God unbelibable!

HR: The last time we were in the Philippines, I said that the Philippines is the laudest, I think that after today, you guys are still the laudest! Aren’t you guys tired? It seems that you guys are getting louder, louder and louder, scream! I’d like to thank you guys all for coming out tonight and supporting Super Junior. You guys are basically why we do what we do, thank you guys so much, you guys are amazing, we really hope we can come back to the Philippines more, because it’s just so good to be back here, I love the Philippines a lot, I love mangoes! Thank you guys I love you! *flying kiss*

ZM: I’m going to say something in Chinese, very easy Chinese, Philippine friends, I miss you, I love you, do you understand? I love you all!

EH: Right now, I had good memories and I'm bringing this, you guys, uh huh, are you happy? In reality, I'm really not good in English, so you have to learn Korean. Is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd floor happy? We will never forget this day, we promise that we will be together again in Super Show 6 with the ones that aren't here, are you willing to wait? Thank you guys, we love you! I hope that for this last song, we can sing together. 

Some funny lines (credit to original owners):


"MAK-ENJOY TANDA? *SCRATCHES HEAD.. - MAK-ENJOY...TABI?.. MAG-ENJOY TANDA!!! *LAUGHS AT HIMSELF - THANK U!" —Kyuhyun

"MAGANDANG GABI!, UKI SHI EUNHYUK.. -AHH UKU SHI? UKI SHI? UKU SHI EUNHYUK.. *PROUD!" – Hyuk

"DAHIL SOBRANG GWAPO NAMIN, GUMANDA KAYO LALO!" —Hyuk

HYUKJAE: MPJUPMJTMGTMEBTPJQTWJTGWNJMEEMG HAPPY?
ELFS: YESSSS~!

HYUKJAE: WMAEMGATGMDTOPBTGUMWMJATOKMT HAPPY?
ELFS: YEEEESSSS~!

HYUKJAE: MPGTAJWOJUPLAIADMDLA2EMPUMTAEGDGHASFDF HAPPY????
ELFS: YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!


"THANK YOU SO MUCHIEE!"
"I LOB PILIPINS!" "OH MY GOD ANBELIPEBEL!" –KYUHYUN

EUNHYUK: ILANG SS6 (MANILA) ANG GUSTO NIYO? 2 ARAW?
KANGIN: 1 ORAS? 1 LINGGO?
EUNHYUK: EVERYDAY?! *NARINIG MULA SA ELF*
ELFS: *TILIAN*
EUNHYUK: *TAWA NG TAWA* HINDI PWEDE EVERYDAY. MAPAPAGOD ANG MGA MEMBERS.
SUNGMIN: MAY EDAD NA PO AKO


Setlist of SS5 Manila:
1. Mr. Simple
2. Bonamana
3. Super Girl (Korean version)
4. It’s You
5. Sexy Free, & Single
6. Boom, Boom
7. Club No.1
8. So Cold
9. How Am I Supposed to Live Without You
10. Harlem Shake Dance Performance
11. Cross-Dress Performance (Covers of Son Dambi’s “Saturday Night”; S.E.S’s “Loving you”; Gain’s “Bloom”; Hyuna’s “Ice Cream”; SISTAR’s “Alone”)
12. Trap – Henry’s solo
13. Close Your Mouth – Heechul’s solo
14. Break Down – Super Junior-M
15. A-Oh! – Super Junior-M
16. Go – Super Junior-M
17. Shake It Up!
18. Rockstar
19. Gray Paper
20. Daydream
21. Bittersweet + Someday + Memories [Medley]
22. Dreaming Hero
23. Sunny
24. Wonder Boy
25. Marry U
26. Sorry, Sorry
27. Show Me Your Love
28. Sapphire Blue
29. So I

This concert does not only satisfy my kpop addiction, but it is where I was united with friends that I haven't seen for a long time. Our similar interests brought us back together after graduation and it was really a great feeling being able to see them again. I also gained new friends through SJ from my Taiwan trip friends and my new officemate! It is true that SJ brings everyone together, brings every ELF together again! <3
Deydhae, Knatt & Me! My BFF that I influenced to be an ELF haha

Me, Jamie, Knatt & RB! My college friends! Also the one that introduced me to SJ!

Ms. Tin! My fellow kpopper officemate!

Me, Catsy & Crisha! The awesome sisters from my Taiwan trip!

And me.. looking super haggard at the end of the show! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I would surely wait for Super Junior 6 next year and welcome the boys back to the Philippines! Still the "LAUDEST" country of all according to Henry! <3 <3 <3



The gesture that completely made all PH ELFs satisfied and happy! <3
For more photos, click here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151798935206137.1073741829.523901136&type=1&l=6937dae0b6

#KTOMANILA #KCC #KOREA #KPOP #SUPERJUNIOR #SS5MANILA #SS5HANGOVER #AWESOME #UNFORGETTABLE #MIND-BLOWING

Yours Truly,
Darlene~ <3


No comments:

Post a Comment