Thursday, November 7, 2013

Korean Lunch @ Donday!!!~~~

Hi Korea-lovers!
At the front of Don Day Teacher's Village Branch

I'm back once again after a long time to share to you another precious Korean experience! It is a must to try Korean food atleast once in your life!!! Their dishes are healthy + super tasty at the same time! You'll never want to stop eating them once you've tried!

Last week, my sister invited me to have lunch with her at a Korean buffet restaurant with her officemates. I couldn't miss this chance as it was a free meal plus it was KOREAN FOOD THAT WAS UNLIMITED! How can I resist?! Hahaha... It was already a while since I last ate Korean food so I was so excited to go! I didn't eat dinner the night before and no breakfast the next day. I went on a completely empty stomach so I could maximize the food I ate.


Variety of leafy veggies & ingredients to choose from!

Korean side-dishes that are a must-try!

The Korean buffet restaurant that we visited today is Don Day Korean Fresh Restaurant located at 40 Malingap Street, Teacher's Village, East Quezon City. Don Day is a Korean buffet restaurant that offers unlimited Samgyupsal (fatty pork belly) and Chadol Bagi (beef) together with various Korean dishes. The unlimited Samgyupsal only costs Php299/person while the unlimited Samgyupsal & Chadol Bagi costs Php399/person. They are open from Monday to Sunday from 11AM - 2PM & 5PM - 10PM! There is also another branch of Don Day in this address: 2G-5 Sunshine Boulevard Plaza, Quezon Avenue corner Scout Santiago Barangay South Triangle Quezon City. Also, remember to grab only what you can it as there is a Php500 penalty for wasted food! Well I don't think you'll have leftovers because it's just too delicious!

 It was quite a long commute til we got there but it was the only branch that was honored by the coupons my sister had. We arrived around 10:45AM and I think the staff was surprised that there were early customers. They weren't finish preparing yet but it was no biggie. I wanted to rest for a while too and take some pictures while at it.
Korean soup are also available~

A large array of food choices to eat from!

Once the preparation are done I quickly went and got myself a plate surveying which food to get. I was able to eat at Don Day before and instantly fell in love with their JAPCHAE! It's the brown see-through noodles mixed with vegetables and mushrooms that taste sweet and super yummy! I grabbed a lot of it since I really liked it. There were a lot of side-dishes to choose from so you can try out the different authentic Korean food. I'm not much of a fan of spicy/hot food but Korean food are an exception. I'll just drink lotssssssss of water because the spicy foods are the ones that are really tasty! So I grabbed a variety of dishes including the Korean pancake (Pajeon), Japchae, Spicy Chicken, Bulgogi, Sweet Potatoes, Kimchi, etc. Next in line were the lettuce leaves to be eaten together with the meat. There are a variety of leafy veggies to choose from but I always prefer eating the lettuce only. There were a lot of "accessory" to the meat that you can choose from ranging from garlic, onions, radishes, kimchi, peppers, etc. There are also the soybean paste dipping sauce (ssamjang) and chili paste to include to your meat.
My first plate, Japchae, Pajeon, Odeng, Sweet Potatoes, Spicy Chicken, Bulgogi~

Lettuce, Soybean Paste, Chili Paste

Soybean Paste, Radish, Kimchi

Egg rolls~~ similar to Tamago~

After getting a variety of food, our table became so full but very appetizing to see! The raw Samgyupsal and Chadol Bagi came at last and my sister's friends were starting to grill them! My mouth was watering just looking at the meat being grilled so to ease my hunger, I started with my Japchae and side-dishes. I felt so happy and satisfied with my first mouthful of Japchae. It just tasted so perfect and that I missed Korean food so much! I want to eat these every single day! The Pajeon was delicious, the spicy chicken was spicy but taste awesome, my favourite sweet baby potatoes were yummy, the beef bulgogi was very tender. Even just eating from the table buffet is already very satisfying.
Grill, grill, grill!


Middle one is Samgyupsal, the bright red ones are Chadol Bagi


For the main event, the Samgyupsal and Chadol Bagi were cooked and it was time to charge and eat meat! I grabbed a small-sized leaf just the size of my palm, grabbed a piece of meat on to my chopstick, dipped it at the soybean paste, and properly put it in the middle of the leaf. The next that I put were onions, grilled garlic, and radishes to complement my meat. I usually put rice together with this but decided not to today so that I wouldn't be full immediately. I wrapped everything with my lettuce leaf and ate it at one big mouthful!!! The taste of all the ingredients burst into my mouth and it was truly a heavenly feeling. Eating of wrapped meat should always be done at one go so don't wrap your Samgyupsal or Chadol Bagi too big that it may not fit into your mouth! That's why I prefer smaller leaves to make smaller wraps that can fully fit my mouth. It is not recommended to bite from the wrap as all the ingredients inside would fall out and scatter making quite a mess at your plate. This process is repeated countlessly as the Samgyupsal tasted so good especially with the fatty layer it has. This is what makes it so soft and tender to eat. The Chadol Bagi was also really tasty as the beef is very soft if cooked correctly.
My wrap! Lettuce+Samgyupsal+Soybean Paste+Garlic+Onion+Radish

Posing with my wrap~

Ready to eat it! XD

really really really goodd~~~~

We had to take a break for a while after eating so much, letting our stomachs digest first so that we could eat more! It was a buffet so we better maximize it! It would be a long time again til I get to eat Korean food so I grabbed my favourite ones and started munching on just the meat plus the soybean paste without the leaf! Hahaha. I wanted to eat and savor as much Samgyupsal and Chadol Bagi as I can as they are really really addicting! Everyone should really try this as its very affordable and delicious!

Red Iced Tea! Unlimited for Php50/person

Ken's VS Mark's

Different Korean ice cream are also available but we were too full to eat any! We decided to maximize the meat, have additional rounds of just meat to fulfill our cravings. I just love Samgyupsal so much that I can eat it everyday! I'll definitely come back to Don Day again when I have the time and enjoy it with my loved ones! It is really the MOST affordable Korean buffet/restaurants here in the Philippines plus the food tastes great! So visit Don Day now Korea-lovers! I promise that you won't regret it! *winks*
My sister Elayne & Me! Grilling our mouth-watering Samgyupsal & Chadol Bagi!

Achie, Me, Ken, Luni, & Mark! Had a great and FULL experience at Don Day! :D

Isn't the photos just mouth-watering? Thank you so much for reading and enjoying my Korea-related life experience for tonight! Love you guys! <3

Yours Truly,
Darlene ~ <3




1 comment:

  1. The basic meaning of tinti with titanium meaning | TheTianiumArt
    Tinti - Titanium, Chinese: The word tinti means titanium bolt “the 2014 ford focus titanium hatchback power”, titanium wedding rings and it also means “magic,” and is titanium screws used to translate into Chinese. Tinti is a name that seiko titanium combines tinti,

    ReplyDelete