Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Little Something About the Writer

Annyeong Yeorobun!

I want to take this time to thank every one of you that is reading, had read, and will read my blog posts!

I'm not that good of a writer so I want to apologize for all of the mistakes that I may commit in the future :)

My name is Darlene. (=^w^=)

A typical Chinese girl that grew up in a traditional family.

A chubby girl that loves to eat sashimi, gummy candies, jellies, mangoes & carbonara, but also enjoys Korean & Japanese food the most!

the 1st ever Carbonara we made at home! loved it!
                           
                                  Sashimi + Tamago = Heaven
Gummy candies & sweets!

I simply love anything "cat" and random cute stuffs that I can find.



I grew up together with anime watching Flame of Recca, Ghost Fighter, You're Under Arrest, Card Captor Sakura, Fushigi Yuugi, Bleach, and Prince of Tennis to name a few~


I simply enjoyed everything Japanese related and even ventured into cosplaying for sometime but retired early.

Then, I discovered Korean dramas (even though I still do love watching Jdramas). Who could possibly not love watching Princess Hours, You're Beautiful, Boys Over Flowers, Secret Garden, Dream High, The King2Hearts, Reply 1997, and so on and so forth.



And now, my K-pop destined life all-started after a friend of mine from college introduced Super Junior to me...

My kpop addictiveness all started in the year 2009 up until now. My love for kpop kept on growing and I believe that I'll never stop loving it more and more in the future.

I have 3 major fandoms that I'm 500% loyal to, they are the ff: (in order of when I got to know them)

1. SUPER JUNIOR

2. 2PM

3. INFINITE

AND, there are 3 perfect boys that I love and will love forever no matter what happens:

YESUNG


WOOYOUNG

HOYA

K-pop has always been the driving force that helped me to go on when times were hard. It never ceased to calm my day with the great music that the boys sing. Their funny and unique personalities always brightened up my day and they never fail to make me laugh in the things that they do. They have always been my inspiration that gave me the strength to push through all the challenges that I faced in my life.

K-pop has now led me to learn to love Korea and its culture. With all the Korean restaurants growing like mushrooms here in the country, it's impossible not to try them all. I'm addicted to Samgyupsal, Japchae, Kimbap & ice creams such as Melona and Samanko! I've also enrolled myself in a language center to properly start learning the Korean language. At first I self-studied Hangul and knew only a few words. I felt that this wasn't enough so decided that it was time to study it with the help of someone more knowledgeable. Aside from this, I've really always wanted to try on a Hanbok and see what I may look like, but this would have to wait until I find a way to get myself to Korea someday.

It is now my life's dream and goal to be able to go visit Korea someday. I want to be able to see all the beautiful sceneries in this country and experience their culture. I want to be able to know what it feels like to live there and experience being able to be in the same land as the people that inspired me in my life.

I want to dedicate this blog in sharing to all of you the different events in my life that helped me become one step closer to my dream of going to Korea. To share what I know about Korea and everything related to it no matter how big or small. Stay tuned also for all the stories and experiences that I will encounter that are related to all things Korean & ofcourse, K-pop!

Feel free to comment your thoughts anytime and I'm free to answer all your questions anytime! :)

May we have a great journey together.

Kamsahapnida!

A proud kpopper,
Darlene <3

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Every episode never fails to give you a twist or a surprise! The writer of the story is really a genius! <3

    Also thank you so much for having the time to read my post <3

    ReplyDelete